I’m lucky to be alive!
Not in a metaphorical ‘treat every day like it could be your last‘ BS positive attitude mumbo jumbo kind of way.
I was hit by a speeding car.
I was 10 1/2 years old.
It was the week before Christmas and I was attacking the start of the school holidays with the perfect amount of hysterical frenzy.
My parents were at work and my grandparents were babysitting me and my two younger brothers. I mean, they were babysitting my younger brothers. I didn’t need that sort of thing.
Obviously. I was 10 1/2 years old.
That fateful day started out like any other first-days-of-summer-holidays day. I went for a swim in the morning and I was just climbing out of the pool to get some elevenses when I was hit by a lightning bolt of inspiration.
If I say I’ve got to go Christmas shopping then my grandparents couldn’t say no to me riding up to the mall… could they?
And I must have put on a show of sincere Christmas spirit because they didn’t.
High fives and shouts of WINNING all around!
I put on my new sneakers, mounted my trusty BMX and I was off on a new adventure.
(This isn’t really a picture of me, but I was definitely this cool.)
No whiney little brothers.
No nagging parents.
No unnecessary babysitters.
I was too young to care about girls so I was 100% focussed.
Just me, my bike, my imagination, a few dollars in my pocket and a sunny summer afternoon.
I even intended to do some Christmas shopping. Honestly.
Of course, that could wait until after McDonald’s. I was 10 1/2 years old.
The mall was a-mile-and-a-bit from my house and the journey by bike was easy; at least most of the way. It was a quiet suburb and the streets were pretty safe.
I would head down the hill from my house (after screaming down our steep driveway) and always get up a lot of speed.
Then I’d hang a sharp left – full breaks and a skid if the speed was right – and pedal along for a while and turn right again.
Then across a bridge where I’d often stop and look down and check out the trash accumulating on the rocks below. For some reason it fascinated me.
After that I’d turn left and right and I’d be on the main road where I’d stick to the footpath. Then I was half way there. The easy half.
The rest of the way was up hill and I usually rode about a third then pushed the rest. Of course, it was worth it. I mean, McDonald’s! But more than that. What goes up must come down and I thought I’d give my top speed a run for its money when I rode back down the hill later that afternoon.
(A few years later I was back at the mall before Christmas doing some shopping again. I’d bought my brother some dumbbells and they were too heavy to bring back on my bike, so I left it there and rode a shopping cart home. It was a bit wobbly coming down that hill, but totally awesome.)
At the top of the hill I remounted and made my way straight for the golden arches.
I was on top of the world. I was 10 1/2 years old.
I had a Big Mac, fries and a chocolate shake. Those were my favorites. Even now, I can still smell the grilled beef, taste the pickles and feel the comfort of grease and salt on my fingers.
After my glorious meal I wandered around the big shopping centre, the thrill of youthful independence coursing through my veins and the chill of summer air-conditioning cooling my skin.
I wanted to buy a gift for my grandmother so I got her some perfume, which the girl in the department store gift wrapped for me.
The perfume didn’t make it home.
I sometimes wonder what my mother and father were doing as I left the shopping centre and transitioned from the air-conditioning back into the humid summer air.
My father was an electrician. He was probably crawling around in a roof somewhere. A torch in his mouth. His moustache wobbling around like a hairy worm trying to escape his sweaty top lip.
My mother was a teacher at a trade school. Sewing classes. She was probably reading from the ‘Teacher’s Edition’, trying to be enthusiastic. She might have been marking a test.
I wish I could say the car came out of nowhere…
I wish I could say it ran a red light…
I was stupid.
I was 10 1/2 years old.
I was just heading home with my grandma’s perfume in a shopping bag hanging from my handlebars.
I rode through the car park the way I always did – across to the bus stop before turning left. This was how I got back to the main road. This is how I got to the crest of ‘thrill hill’.
But this time I pulled across the road.
Just like that.
No reason. Not that I remember.
I just blindly crossed the road in the week before Christmas while a bazillion cars were jostling for that elusive car parking space.
I didn’t think about that. I didn’t think about anything.
Until I woke up in the gutter.
Luckily, no bones were broken.
No blood was gushing.
I just a wicked bruise on my leg from the impact with the front bumper.
And glass in my head from where my skull had crashed through the car’s windscreen.
Before I was thrown over the roof.
Through the air.
Into the gutter.
But not dead.
There are plenty of dead affiliate marketers lying in a gutter somewhere.
Sometimes they’re dead before they even get started.
Before they get out of the pool.
Or past the grandparents.
Or down the driveway.
A lot of affiliates don’t get over the bridge.
Or can’t hack the final slog up the hill.
Some are distracted by girls or boys or burgers or air-conditioning.
Some don’t follow through and get what they came all that way for.
Or they’re not patient enough to get the gift wrapping.
Finally, some affiliates go through with all of it and seem to be onto the home stretch, except they make a stupid mistake and get knocked out cold.
Which is fine.
It can happen to anyone.
Except they don’t get up again and have another go so they miss out on the thrill of racing downhill in a shopping trolley the next time around.
Your experience with affiliate marketing doesn’t have to be this way.
I’ve been an affiliate marketer since 2005.
That’s when I first stumbled onto Chris Carpenter’s ‘Google Cash’ book.
Since then I’ve been hooked on affiliate marketing and I’ve had my share of successes and failures.
My first few campaigns were amazing.
But it was easy to make money with PPC back in those days.
Directly linking? Simple.
Quality score? Not invented yet.
Terms of service violations? Whatever.
Competition from social media and native advertisers? Who?
I mean, my first big break was promoting Salvia via AdWords. Yap. I advertised questionably legal psychoactive drugs on Google and was raking it in without penalty. In fact, the only reason I stopped was because the affiliate program was glitchy and the commissions weren’t being tracked properly.
But we’re not in Kansas anymore.
In 2012 I lost a good chunk of change when the Penguin update kicked in.
Then I lost my AdWords account for promoting a ‘get rich quick scheme’. Apparently.
More recently, I got banned from Facebook ads because someone complained the post I was linking to was ‘click bait’. Seriously!
But I’m still alive and kicking.
Because of the lessons I’ve learned over the years I’ve built my affiliate marketing business so that it doesn’t rely on AdWords or Facebook or anything that can change in the time it takes for some dumb kid to swing out into the middle of the road for no good reason.
(I sometimes wonder about the guy who was driving the car that ran over me. It must have been really traumatic to hit a kid and watch his head crash into your windscreen then see him fly over your roof. I guess he was in shock because he didn’t really stick around after the accident. He gave his name and number to the guy driving behind him and then sped off. Not cool.)
I’ve learned to build a successful affiliate marketing business that’s tough enough to survive almost anything.
Sure, I get traffic from Google, but it’s not everything.
I definitely get traffic from Facebook, but I’m not Zuckerberg’s biach.
I’m into promoting physical and digital products, but I’m not screwed if an offer gets pulled or capped or becomes illegal.
And I work in niches I want to be in, not some pathetic, boring, desperate, low-hanging-fruit-long-tail-keyword-with-no-competition-bottom-of-the-barrel hole I’ve dug myself into because I don’t know any better.
My business is consistent, scalable, sustainable and meaningful.
How to Build a $10,000 per Month Affiliate Marketing Business The Right Way
I’ve written a new book called ’10K30 Blueprint’ (AKA 10K30). I wrote it to help you if you’re struggling to make money as an affiliate marketer or if you’re new to the game and want to succeed.
My goal in writing 10K30 is to help you discover how to build an online business that’s consistent, scalable, sustainable and meaningful.
It’s everything I would do if I was starting again from scratch.
It’s the way I would build an affiliate marketing business the right way.
(Without all the stuffing around and stuff-ups I went through for years)
It’s how I would work my way from $0 to $10K per month ($120K per year) so that I could quit my day job and start living life on my own terms.
Then I could do what I want – try this, try that, experiment over here and have a crack at whatever – because I would have a solid business I could rely on to keep making money while I worked on more lucrative (and risky) pie in the sky campaigns or online ventures.
10K30 is over 140 pages of 100% actionable information.
10K30 will enable you to:
- Learn the right way to do affiliate marketing to earn a consistent income
- Become confident choosing a niche, picking affiliate offers, generating traffic, scaling your campaigns and managing your money
- Develop a solid mindset so you can persist despite any fears you might have now or in the future
- Overcome the roadblocks that have kept you from succeeding as an affiliate marketer
- Achieve all the ambitions you have for yourself and your online business.
10K30 will show you how the most successful affiliate marketers have achieved financial freedom from tried and tested methods for generating commissions without relying on one offer, one traffic source or one campaign (and thereby risking everything if it fails).
10K30 will empower you to build a successful online business you can be proud of for the rest of your life.
10K30 could set you free from the struggle to make this or that or some other one-hit-wonder-ninja-loophole-massive-profit-BS hyped up ‘method’ work for more than 10 minutes.
I’m shocked by some of the scammy ‘methods’ I see people [m]ucking around with these days.
I mean, if you want to have a crack at ‘How to Make $1000/Day on QQ with Auto Meme Generating Software Double Exclamation Mark’, then do it when you’re living life on your own terms and don’t have to worry about making ends meet.
Don’t put all your eggs in that basket and hope it works out.
Build the foundation first, then put up the walls and slap on the roof before you go experimenting with paint colors.
(And people wonder why they can’t quit their jobs to work online full time even though the last gugu they handed their credit card over to said it was guaranteed)
10K30 will school you on this problem and how to overcome it.
It’s hardcore value with no fluff and no excuses.
It’s a solid foundation you can build anything on.
Here’s what 10K30 has in store for you.
CHAPTER 0: LAYING THE GROUNDWORK
This part is about what you need to do before you even turn on your computer. There are no ‘killer money making tips’ here (directly), but skip this part at your own peril. Without a solid foundation you probably won’t be able to make it all the way to $10,000/month (or if you do, you’ll be miserable).
In this chapter you’re going to learn:
- How it takes more than the internet to succeed at affiliate marketing.
- Why you’ll probably fail and why there’s a reason this always happens to you.
- The important difference between being a consumer and a vendor (and how affiliate marketing sits somewhere in the middle).
- The three big problems that plague most people and how they’re preventing you from achieving success.
- Why it’s important to work out what kind of affiliate marketer you are (or want to be).
- What it really means to take massive action immediately and how this is the key to success.
CHAPTER 1: PICKING A NICHE
This part will explain why you need to decide what you’re truly interested in and work out whether other people are interested in it too. There’s a strategy in this chapter that I promise nobody has ever taught you to do before.
In this chapter you’re going to learn:
- Why it’s not really all about the money.
- How you can make a bucket load of money from building your online business around things you love.
- The number one, worst piece of advice I’ve ever heard people promoting about starting an online business.
- How you can you discover what topics really mean something to you and whether they’re the kind of topics you can make money with.
- Why there’s no such thing as the perfect niche.
- How to quickly test whether there’s money in a niche.
- The final three tests I always give my niche ideas before I commit to them (I’m 100% confident nobody has taught you to do this before).
- Why there’s still hope for you even if you’re hopeless at picking a niche.
CHAPTER 2: CHOOSING AN OFFER
This chapter is going to help you decide how you’re going to make money. There are lots of ways people monetize traffic – anything from AdSense to creating your own t-shirts. I’m going to focus on affiliate marketing opportunities and teach you how to choose an offer you’ll enjoy promoting and make money from.
In this chapter you’re going to learn:
- How to get started on your first affiliate campaign.
- How to pick your first offer to promote (and the worst thing you can do as an affiliate when you’re making this decision).
- How to choose between similar affiliate offers.
- The potential pitfalls of promoting offers for recurring commissions vs up-front payments.
- Why it’s essential you test everything you do in your campaigns.
CHAPTER 3: BUILDING A FUNNEL
Once you’ve decided what you’re going to sell or promote to your audience, you’re going to decide how you’ll expose your offers online. I’m going to focus on email marketing because it works. Period. There’s one secret in here that changed EVERYTHING for me when I worked it out.
In this chapter you’re going to learn:
- How to convert cold traffic into warm leads (and keep them warm).
- Why a squeeze page doesn’t have to be fancy (with examples of effective squeeze page templates).
- Why you need to provide something of real value as an incentive to potential leads (and lots of examples to help you get started).
- The one thing that changed everything for me when it came to building my email marketing business on overdrive.
- How to write an engaging email series regardless of what you’re promoting (I’ll show you exactly what my buyer and non-buyer emails series look like).
- What email ‘marketing’ is really all about (most affiliate ‘marketers’ just don’t seem to get this at all).
- Why there’s no ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ formula for when to promote an offer in an email or whether to use an autoresponder or write a newsletter.
- How to write the most engaging and persuasive emails without having to be an expert copywriter.
- How to use advanced strategies like conditions, actions and filters to segment your list and optimize your campaigns.
CHAPTER 4: GENERATING TRAFFIC
This chapter is a traffic book I could have sold you all on its own for the price of this book with everything else included!
Without an audience, the rest of this book (and your online business) is worthless. This is one of the biggest problems I ever struggled with when I was getting started. And it took me years to work it out. ‘The money’s in the list’, but you’ve got no list if nobody’s on it.
In this chapter you’re going to learn:
- Why too many affiliates are wasting their time chasing ‘free’ traffic (and find out how much it might really be costing you).
- Why it’s essential to pay for traffic if you want to build an audience quickly.
- Why social media ads, native advertising and search engine PPC are the three best paid traffic sources to start learning.
- How to dominate Facebook advertising by using pixels and custom audiences effectively.
- Why creating entire Facebook ad campaigns around different audiences is the key to the best CPCs and conversion rates.
- The reason native ads are so effective and the reason I love them so much (as well as reason native advertising is trickier than other forms of self-serve advertising).
- The complete anatomy of an effective advertorial.
- How learning to nail search engine PPC is a game changer (but not the easiest beast to tame).
- The essential difference between search traffic and social media traffic that very few people understand.
- How to easily use solo ads to generate traffic for MMO niches.
- Everything you need to know to confidently start a solo ad campaign, even if you’ve never done it before.
- Three strategies for building up a ‘war chest’ before you start paying for traffic.
CHAPTER 5: BUILDING A WEBSITE
This chapter gives you advice about building an authority website to capitalize on a successful campaign you’ve tested in Chapters 1-4. When you get to this stage you’re well on your way to building a real online business and cementing your authority in your niche. You can enjoy running this site for the rest of your life if you want to – or sell it for a tidy sum and start something new.
In this chapter you’re going to learn:
- How to start to take your hands of the wheel and let your business start to run itself.
- How to fully capitalize on what you’re learned from running paid traffic to your list and offers.
- How to start investing the money you’re making from your paid campaigns into your own authoritative online real estate.
- How to start generating ‘investment’ traffic instead of ‘free’ or ‘paid’ traffic.
- Why you don’t need to fluff around when you choose a domain name for your website (and how to come up with great names for your online real estate).
- How to set up an avatar or pseudonym properly if you want to disguise your true identity online (and why this is totally legitimate).
- How to write awesome content that people will love to share and search engines will love to rank.
- Why creating great content is my first concern with every site I build.
- The four types of posts that people love to read and share.
- How to do keyword research ‘organically’ so search engines will love your site.
- The final step to keyword research that hardly anybody bothers to do (but will probably give your rankings more of a boost than anything else).
- Where you can find writers who will really produce quality content for your blog that you and your readers will love as much as your own stuff.
CHAPTER 6: BUYING A WEBSITE
This part has some ideas for how you can go about investing the money you’re making to allow you to take yourself away from the front line of your own business. Now you’re starting to make time for the things you always said you wanted to do when you had the money to do it. There’s a premium strategy in here for turning your understanding and money into mega profits over time with virtually no extra work. I guarantee no one has ever taught you this before, which is a shame.
In this chapter you’re going to learn:
- How to buy websites to turbo charge your business (without all the painful initial work of building up an audience).
- What you really need to look for in a potential website investment.
- Where to confidently buy websites online.
- An example of a real website for sale and everything I’d do to rapidly improve it and turn it into an amazing investment.
- Three ways to quickly improve almost any website once you’ve bought it.
- How to recoup the money you spend on acquiring a new website within a few months (so that everything after that is pure profit).
…and a whole lot more.
You CAN be a successful affiliate marketer.
If you want to become a successful affiliate marketer, then 10K30 will show you exactly how to do it.
There’s a lot of money to be made online and affiliate marketing is the easiest way to do it because you don’t have the hassle of building and managing the infrastructure required to sell anything or open an online store.
As an affiliate marketer, you find other people’s products and promote them. You simply refer people to someone else and get a cut of the profit as a thank you.
But it still takes work, commitment, persistence, blood, sweat and tears.
(Any lucrative opportunity does)
That’s why I’m not lying to you in 10K30 (or anywhere on this page).
I’m not telling you that it’s possible to make $10,000 in the next 30 days. Far from it. That’s a stretch to anyone’s imagination.
Those unrealistic claims you hear all the time about making $xxxx in the next xx days are either achieved by someone with experience and expertise you don’t have or ‘manufactured’ under conditions you don’t have access to (things like a fat advertising budget, 24/7 to work with no distractions and one-on-one supervision from an expert).
Can you really achieve those results on your own after reading an 8 page PDF someone sells you for less than $10?
People who know what it’s like to enjoy a sustainable, consistent income from affiliate marketing didn’t get there by risking it all on some fantasy.
10K30 isn’t like that.
10K30 is a reality check.
If you’re ready for that – if you’re sick of the mumbo jumbo you keep hearing about instant 5-figure paydays (you know, the ones you were supposed to have enjoyed within days of the last $7 thing you bought) – then give 10K30 a shot.
10K30 is not a $7 piece of garbage that’s not even worth the space it takes up on your hard drive.
It’s not even a $27 eBook that you might get some value out of.
If you apply everything I teach you in 10K30 then I promise you WON’T be making $10,000 in the next 30 days.
(I bet that’s not a promise you’ve ever heard before)
But in 6 months, 12 months or even 24 months from now…
After you’ve lived up to your commitment…
After you’ve put in the hard work and done it properly…
After you’ve built your affiliate marketing business the right way…
You could be enjoying life on your own terms.
Maybe you’ll quit your job and enjoy affiliate marketing full-time.
Maybe you’ll enjoy your new freedom to do something else you’ve always wanted to do with your life.
It’s up to you.
And that’s the point.
10K30 is about showing you how to put down a solid foundation that you can then build whatever you want onto.
It’s not a one hit wonder ‘WSO’ that you wish you never bought.
I guarantee it.
If you’re not 100% satisfied with the quality of 10K30 and don’t feel confident that you could use the information to build a successful, sustainable and meaningful affiliate marketing business then I’ll give you a full refund within 60 days.
No questions asked.
I’ve written 10K30 to help you overcome whatever it is that’s keeping you from achieving your wildest internet marketing dreams.
Maybe it’s something simple like picking a niche (I’ll explain how to do this in exactly 31 words).
Maybe it’s choosing an offer or setting up a landing page (I’ll cover these topics off in detail).
It could be writing engaging emails or running targeted traffic (you’ll know everything you need to know by the time you’re finished with 10K30).
Or you might be struggling with building a website (you’ll learn how to build one – or even buy one – the right way)
Or it could be none of those things, but a massive ‘internal’ issue within your mind (lack of vision or faith) or something emotional (doubt or fear) that’s tying you up.
10K30 has everything you need to overcome ALL of those problems.
So forget about the problems you have now…
Now it’s simply time for you to choose to achieve your dreams.
I’ve given you everything you need to know
I’ve painted a picture for you, illustrating why you need to make a commitment to build a successful, sustainable and meaningful affiliate marketing business (so you can enjoy real financial freedom and the satisfaction of real achievement).
I’ve explained how the online landscape is different now than it was 10 years ago (so you’ll understand that you can’t just rely on the same old advice that keeps getting thrashed around by people who don’t know any better).
I told you my story about struggling through years of ups and downs as an affiliate marketer before learning my lesson and building my online business so that it was tough enough to survive almost anything the modern internet could throw at it (so you’ll be confident that I’ve been there and survived in the trenches).
I’ve warned you against mucking around with questionable ‘ninja tricks’ until you’ve got a solid foundation (so that you won’t lose everything if it doesn’t work).
I’ve outlined everything 10K30 can enable you to learn, become, develop, overcome and achieve (so you’ll understand how 10K30 will benefit you)
I’ve given you a very detailed list of what 10K30 has in store for you – everything from what you need to do before you even turn on your computer all the way through to building authority websites (so that you’ll be in no doubt about what you’re getting).
I’ve reassured you.
I’ve encouraged you.
I’ve given you a guarantee.
Now I’m going to shut-up.
Now it’s up to you.
What have you got to lose?
There’s no risk.
You have EVERYTHING to gain.
10K30 Blueprint works and you can make it work for you.
Invest in 10K30 and put it into action today.
This is your chance to change your future.
This is your opportunity to unlock your potential.
You’ve made it this far so I know you’re the right kind of person to succeed as an affiliate marketer.
You’ve got what it takes.
Getting started now is a no-brainer.
You know you’re serious.
Make it happen.
Click the ‘Get Started Now’ button below and put yourself in the driver’s seat.
Frequently asked questions
Is 10K30 appropriate for someone completely new to internet marketing?
Yes. Definitely. Every successful affiliate marketer was new once. But it won’t be easy and you’ll have a steeper learning curve that someone who’s been learning for a while. Having said that, I don’t hold your hand in this book. For example, I talk about registering a good domain name, but I don’t walk you through the process of signing up to a registrar and buying the name. You’ll have to work out all those kind of details on your own, but I’m confident you’re up to it.
Is 10K30 about this or that or some other type of ‘traffic’?
10K30 isn’t one ‘method’ or ‘trick’ (nothing in the book is described as a ‘ninja’ anything). It’s a guide to building an affiliate marketing business from scratch in a professional way. It will benefit from any type of traffic and can be used to promote any kind of offer in any niche. Having said that, the traffic chapter talks about paid advertising on social media, particularly Facebook, native advertising, search engine PPC and solo ads. In the building a website and buying a website chapters I talk about organic traffic.
Do I need to spend money on anything else to make 10K30 work?
Absolutely. It’s impossible to make $10,000 per month without spending money. Anyone who says it is, well, they’re lying to you. I definitely don’t dance around the fact that it takes money to make money as an affiliate marketer. But I’ll help you understand how to ease into the money spending side of things (and how to build up a bit of a war chest in the beginning). If you can’t fathom the idea of spending money to build a real, sustainable online business, then you’re delusional.
How long does it take to make money from applying the information in 10K30?
Honestly, I reckon it’ll take the average person a few months of solid work to pick a good niche, choose some good offers, set up a good landing page with a quality incentive, write a 30 day autoresponder series and start running traffic. The process of building a quality website and buying websites could take you years. But that time will pass one way or the other – either you’ll still be mucking around and going nowhere, or you’ll be achieving something profitable, sustainable and meaningful. If you’re looking for some kind of quick-push-button method to get rich quick, then 10K30 definitely isn’t your thing.
Is there an upsell or OTO?
Negative. You get everything in 10K30 Blueprint.
What will I be receiving when I buy 10K30?
1 x digital PDF eBook with 140+ pages, which will be downloadable as soon as you complete your purchase.
Is there a money back guarantee if I’m not satisfied with 10K30?
Yes. If you’re not 100% satisfied with the quality of 10K30 and don’t feel confident that you could use the information to build a successful, sustainable and meaningful affiliate marketing business then I’ll give you a full refund within 60 days. No questions asked. If you have any technical difficulties that mean you aren’t able to download or read the book, please contact me first so I can see if I can fix any problems you might be having.
How much money can I make from following The 10K30 Blueprint?
Please read these important disclaimers (which are repeated in the book). The title of this book is aspirational. It’s impossible for me to promise you a $10,000/month online business using the information in this book or otherwise because I don’t know you. $10,000/month is a vision, a goal and something to aim for. The reason I’ve chosen $10,000/month is because I think it’s the kind of money that you could probably live off comfortably if you can get there. I’ve written everything I think you need to know to build a successful affiliate marketing business and I honestly believe the sky’s the limit, but whether or not you have what it takes to make it to $10,000/month or otherwise… well, that’s up to you.
Why is the price compared to a lower and higher price?
It’s not fair to you or me to value 10K30 for less than it’s worth. I also don’t want to put it out of reach of someone who isn’t confident enough yet to put up the kind of money that I think I should sell it for. I’ve priced 10K30 at a point that isn’t too easy or too hard to afford.
Do you have an affiliate program?
How can I find out more about you before purchasing?